Where the hell did this idea for a podcast come from anyway? When I was about nine years old, I was gifted a handheld recorder. I carried it around with me everywhere, with blank cassette tapes, ready to capture my every word. When I heard Dr.Laura Schlessinger on the radio while riding in the car with my parents, I said that I “want to be like her and do what she does” someday. It has taken a while, but I am finally making this dream come true, step-by-step, with this podcast.
I have been a therapist since 2011. I live, work and play in El Paso, Texas…on the edge of the US Mexico border. I have a history of anxiety and depression, personally and in my family. Most people are afraid to admit things like this because mental health is taboo and stigmatized. The constant use of words like “crazy”, “insane”, or “loca/o” perpetuate the stigma against mental illness and treatment. I have a strong calling to bring awareness to mental well-being and creating content on this podcast is enjoyable and rewarding for me. I’m an experienced Licensed Professional who has been practicing for 8 years. The information on this podcast is a compilation of my own knowledge and experience, and you can trust that the information is coming from a reputable and highly trained therapist.
Here are 9 reasons you should pledge to my podcast:
- All information is available to the general public for free.
- All content is related to raising mental health awareness.
- Promotion to reach more people costs money.
- If I’m able to reach more people, the more mental health awareness will spread.
- If you have suffered mental illness, know or love someone who has mental illness, you know how important it is to get early intervention. My show inspires people to seek their own mental health professionals to begin healing.
- I’m an experienced Licensed Professional who has been practicing for 8 years. The information on this podcast is a compilation of my own knowledge and experience. I also interview many other professionals I have worked with in the past or those who I have befriended. Bottom line, it’s a fun and interesting podcast!
- I think many people are already engaging in therapeutic practices and don’t even know it. I’d like to bring light to activities that are therapeutic, that are not necessarily considered “therapy”.
- I plan to use funds to create a social media blast because again, more listeners, more mental health awareness, less stigma surrounding mental health.
- I also plan to use funds by outsourcing my editing. I have been editing my own podcast since the beginning, but it has been difficult for me since I am not an audio engineer. It’s proven that better quality audio = more listeners.
‘Tis the season of giving! There are three tiers and REWARDS that come with pledging (AS LOW AS ONE BUCK A MONTH). Become a #mentalhealthwarrior here.
Here’s what you get:
$1 or more per month •
If you plegde a mimimum of $1 to the show you may receive one or some of the following gifts:
- Patron only episodes!
- A thank you on the show or site.
- Thank you email/facebook mention.
- Mention on Instagram page
$5 or more per month •
If you plegde a mimimum of $5 to the show receive one or some of the following gifts:
- Patron only content
- Receive digital note/personalized email each month
- Name listed on show’s patrons list and a shout-out on a show
- Podcast stickers sent to you!
$10 or more per month •
If you plegde a mimimum of $10 to the show you may receive one or some of the following gifts:
- PATRON ONLY POLLS, Q&A, AND EXCLUSIVE EPISODES
- Handwritten note or special show postcard
- Patron-only bonus content
- Participate in a closed Facebook group
- Bio and Pic mention on Insta or Facebook
- Access to assistance and general recommendations related to seeking your own therapy/mental health care