Hello again and welcome back to season three of Through the Eyes of a Therapist podcast! If you are a millennial, or if you were paying attention to life in the early 2000s, you may remember the iconic pop princess, Britney Spears! She has had an eventful life in the public eye…and what better way to dissect her resilience than with my returning guest on the show, Luis Cornejo, founder of Psychosocial Media, Marriage and Family therapist, and all-out Britney fan!
Takeaways from this episode:
- Hear how Luis was inspired by Britney to pursue a career in mental health.
- Precipitating events can trigger a cascade of issues.
- Britney’s career may have impacted her mental health status.
- Money and fame can’t prevent mental illness or emotional decline.
- Privilege impacts recovery.
- Child stars feel immense pressure to perform, and celebrities are trained to sell themselves as a product/brand.
Remember to get in touch with us by writing to email@example.com and enjoy this episode!
One last thank you to Luis for coming back on the show, it’s always a great pleasure to have him. Check out all the great content at https://www.Psychosocial.media (I happen to contribute written pieces to the blog).
Vote for the next TTEOAT Podcast episode by following me on Instagram (and to see my cute newborn and mommy-life posts) @throughtheeyesofatherapistpod
Until next time,